Hi

I have a question:

We have a customer who is going mad as he gets and error whe he runs two
types or queries.

I never do what he is trying to do and don't understand why?

Queries as below:

They both appear to have the same datasource name (fine) but then the first
explicitly
defines the database. (FROM SKYFOCUS.CC_DATA)

The database is MySQL 3.22.32 and the database in ColdFusion and MySQL both
have the same username and password on and localhost access in MySQL. The
database is called skyfocus in MySQL.

Should you be able to call a connection like this in test1 in this manner.

http://www.hotchilli.com/test1_tony.cfm             ----------
Errors

<cfquery name="GOT_CC" datasource="focusadmin">
SELECT   CD_CC_NAME, CD_CC_ID, CD_CC_MSO_ID
FROM SKYFOCUS.CC_DATA
</CFQUERY>

http://www.hotchilli.com/test2_tony.cfm            ----------
No Error (would expect a blank page)

<CFQUERY NAME="MSO" DATASOURCE="focusadmin">
SELECT md_mso_name
FROM mso_data
</CFQUERY>

Please - Please if this is standard practice could someone point me to some
documentation on the Allaire site. I would in perl or php3/4 explicitly
define the database in the connection/query but ColdFusion? Whats the
benefit?

Thanks

Tony