the key field in the cfindex = the primary key of the database table (I don't
think its duplicate keys).

I purge the collection, do the query, update the collection and the difference
in recordcount / recordssearched is always recordcount - 51

the primary key is an "identity" and increments by 1.  if I order by primary
key desc then the first 51 primary key records are missing from the collection,
if I order by primary key asc then the last 51 primary key records are missing
from the collection.

if I select where primary key > 1000 then primary key 1001 through 1051 are
missing
etc etc etc

the recordcount always shows 51 more records than is in the collection.

I've even tried to loop through the cfquery/cfindex to only add 100 records at
a time.  during the first part of the loop, everything seems to work fine, but
about the 25% mark it begins to drop the first 51 records and the collection
always ends up with 51 records less than the database query.