> If you have a view within an application that uses an ajax
> enabled datagrid but does not need autocomplete, form
> validation, and an accordian... Why would you load your
> entire toolbox into the back of the truck when all you need
> is a box of nails and a hammer? So maybe you don't expire
> content immediately (or at all) ... But at least identify
> those javascript components that are needed for what you're
> doing, and only download those tools when they are needed
> rather than downloading all of the objects you have and
> including all of them into every view as a default?

Because I haven't seen any evidence that simply including them as static,
cacheable files into every view creates any significant overhead, and
because there is overhead in dynamically building view-specific JavaScript.

> I don't know how browsers interpret javascript either... But
> it does seem like pages that are heavy on js do use lots of
> memory, and when I see my browser footprint climbing...

Is this because those pages use lots of JavaScript?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net