Robert,

It's possible that the guy who built these directories on your system
used some non-printable character(s) at the end of the filename. I used
to do that on my home system when I wanted to prevent a directory from
being listed or deleted (back in the win95 days).

That's why I suggested using the * with the rmdir command (which is a
windows command).

have you (or can you) try:

C:\> rmdir /S/Q oOoO*

and see what happens?