>Unfortunally HostMySite just discontinued the shared Linux Builder +
>CF plans, and won't offer them for CF8.   The Windows plans have way
>less bandwidth and disk space per dollar spent.
>
>I've got a ticket in to find out if they plan to continue support for
>existing customers indefinitely.
>
>They are recommending their VPS for CF and Linux.
>
>--Greg

Just to give you some background on this decision, after a recent audit of our
services we found that the top six 'worst performing' servers were those that
had the Linux CF Builder plans.  That's not to say they're bad servers, but
compared to the rest of our network they're an eyesore in terms of support.  I
think this has a LOT to do with the fact that SeeFusion, the software we use to
keep CF in control on shared servers, doesn't work in a Linux Environment.

Moving to a VPS would be good because you don't have to worry as much about CF
performance problems stemming from other clients - just your own code.  As to
the RAM requirements CF can run on our 512 offering provided it's not a high
traffic site...in which case I'd suggest the 1 GB offering.