Thanks for your suggestion Phillip.

Actually what I am currently tasked with is duplicate part of the
functionality of one circuit in a new circuit.   At first sight, all i
have to do is copy that circuit to a new folder, tweak the
circuit.xml.cfm files a bit and change the dsp files to show the new
presentation stuff since the business logic is much the same.   Not
identical but quite similar.

However the existing circuit uses lots of other circuits  - reusing
code as it's supposed to.   So  figuring out what they all do is not
easy.    A fuse for example might have 6-8 <do actions, and i need to
konw what each is doing in order to figure out fi they're relevant to
this task or not.  Or if i have to write new versions of them for this
new task.

And each of those other fuses are usually on the controller
circuits.xml.cfm, and call the model and/or view fuses.   In order to
follow the flow through one fuse on my new app, I sometimes have to
open 20-30 files spread out over the 46 circuits in the main site,
just to figure out what is being done by what.

That's my current problem.  Just learning how to follow the flow of
the app so I know what files I need to keep, what i need to re-write,
and what dont do anything at all for this app.

A quicker way to work out what's doing what would give me more sleep,
more deadlines met, and a happier client. Given time, I can learn this
monster easily and get the hang of it.   But will the client wait that
long?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month