> > I suppose I could increase the JVM max memory to 2GB but I'm not
> > really sure if this is a viable option.
>
> No, it's certainly not an option on Windows generally, and
> probably not a viable option for solving this problem on any
> platform - that's just too big of a recordset. Do this within
> the database.

Having read Jochem's answer, you might do that instead. I'd still recommend
avoiding this sort of thing from within your application server, but using a
cursor is a very good solution if you can't do it within the database.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net