I can use relative references, however, there appears to be a bug in CF8 that
won't allow you include a file in the Application.cfc's "constructor" area.
Well, that's not entirely correct.  You can include a file, however, you can't
refer to any variables within that included file.  That makes it pretty useless.

What I want to do is very basic:

I want an Application.cfc that is exactly the same for development, testing and
production.  I want that Application.cfc to get its settings from a Config file
that is unique to each site (development, testing and production).

Here is a requirement:

I want to dynamically set the sessionTimeout and applicationTimeout variables
in the THIS scope.  I want to pull these values from a config file located
anywhere on the server (under the web root or outside of it).

Theoretically, it should work like this:

Config.cfm
----------
<cfset variables.constants.sessionTimeout = createTimeSpan(0,0,1,0)>
<cfset variables.constants.applicationTimeout = createTimeSpan(0,0,2,0)>

Application.cfc
---------------
<cfcomponent>

    <cfinclude template="../Config/Config.cfm">

    <cfset this.sessionTimeout = variables.constants.sessionTimeout>
    <cfset this.applicationTimeout = variables.constants.applicationTimeout>

</cfcomponent>

When running this simple code, the CFINCLUDE tag does not throw an error,
however, you can't refer to the variables set within the included file.

I would just like a solution to this simple problem.

Thanks
M!ke