There is a potential problem with cookies that have an effect on ColdFusion
applications and while I have one fix, I'm hoping that there are other fixes.
Lets say you have a site (www.site.com) which has a number of subsites
(www1.site.com, www2.site.com). A cfapplication tag will assign different
cookies for the cfid/cftoken per site. Lets say that after some development the
cfapplication tag now sets domain cookies. This means that www, www1, and www2
should all have the same cfid/cftoken as they are the same domain (site.com).
Here's the problem:
I have a case where the www1 cfid/cftoken cookies exist as well as the domain
cookies. When ColdFusion comes to a page with this duplicate cfid/cftoken
cookies, it uses the more specific one (www1) rather than the expected domain
cookie.
Is there any way to force ColdFusion's session to be based on the domain cookie
rather than the site specific one?

My solution is to detect if there are 2 cfid cookies available for the page and
delete the site specific one using cfcookie expire=now. The problem with this
is that it does not delete the 'root' cookie and the next time the same page is
loaded, the duplicate cookies exist and have to be dealt with.

Any ideas here?

Michael Dinowitz
President: House of Fusion    (http://www.houseoffusion.com)
Publisher: Fusion Authority    (http://www.fusionauthority.com)
Adobe Community Expert / Advanced Certified ColdFusion Professional