Randy,

It is possible, but it takes a bit of extra work.  In order to get the
installer itself to run, you have to right click on it and select 'Run as
Administrator'.  Then, once the installer does run, you will have JVM issues as
the JVM that comes with Vista is newer than what CFMX 7 can handle.  So, you
will need to install JVM 1.4.2 and reconfigure CFMX to look there.  In order to
get the service and ISAPI mappings working, there are a couple of command line
scripts you will have to run, again using the lower JVM version.

I had an article in one of the last editions of CFDJ that talked about running
CFMX 7 and CFMX 8 side by side and most of it applies for Vista as that is what
I am running on as well.  Check this out ...
http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/397935.htm.

-- Jeff