From: Dan Vega [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2007 11:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: ColdFusion 8 cfgrid and formatting

I am having a hard time finding an answer to this riddle so maybe
someone
here can help. I have a grid with columns show below. The livedocs say
the
mask attribute for cfgridcolumn is only used in when the format is
flash. If
this is correct then how do i format data in html? This would not just
be
dates but really any data, does anyone know how to format data?

    <cfform>
    <cfgrid name="ClientsGrid" format="html" striperows="true"
autowidth="true" pagesize="30" bgcolor="black" textcolor="white"
            bind="cfc:clients.getClients
({cfgridpage},{cfgridpagesize},{cfgridsortcolumn},{cfgridsortdirection})
">
        <cfgridcolumn name="studentlast" header="Last Name">
        <cfgridcolumn name="studentfirst" header="First Name">
        <cfgridcolumn name="studentemail" header="Email Address">
        <cfgridcolumn name="advisor" header="Advisor">
        <cfgridcolumn name="entrydate" header="Entry Date"
mask="[MM/DD/YYYY]">
        <cfgridcolumn name="monthly" header="Monthly">
        <cfgridcolumn name="billto" header="Bill To">
        <cfgridcolumn name="anniversary" header="Anniversary">
    </cfgrid>
    </cfform>

--
Thank You