I am going to try it here since no one from the Adobe support forum knew...

Now maybe I am doing it wrong but with CFNavigate, it has the parameter for a
"container" to refresh. What if I want the whole page to refresh with the form
fields passed into it? Based on the CFML Reference Guide (pg 127) all I have to
do is... "If you omit this argument, the link is treated as a normal URL and
the entire page is refreshed."

So here's the basic thing I am trying to do... use CFLAYOUTAREA which has a
form in it and I have a link which should pass the form variables from myform
to the test_submit.cfm page. Here's the basic code I am using:

<a
href="javascript:ColdFusion.navigate('test_submit.cfm',,'','','post','myform');">Submit
 it</a>

If I leave the container field out of it... (no quotes), I get: Syntax Error.
If I enter a '' (no space), I get: Error replacing HTML, element not found.
If I enter a ' ' (with a space), I get the same error as above: Error replacing
HTML, element not found.

Am I using it wrong? is there a _root or something I need to put in the
container field for it to work?

Thanks,
Andy