Thanks you for the Javascript. That will work with a whole new Window -
childWindow=open(file,window,'resizable=no,width=200,height=400') and not with
the CFWindow tag.

Using the script with CFWindow, I will get a Javascript (Object expected) error
(tried it with parent and opener).

I think it has to be controlled through AJAX. I tried the
ColdFusion.getElementValue but it has to be within the same form (since it
doesn't have a container parameter).

Any other ideas?