>You could, but that's irrelevant; whether you know how something works has
nothing to do with how it works. What CFQUERYPARAM does is create bound
parameters. All of those other features are the side-effects.

That seems like a lame argument to me.  If you want to stick to defining
cfqueryparam that way then I might as well request a new tag,
cfqueryparmthatdoesntusebinding, that does everything that I want it to do
without doing parameter binding. Then we could both have our way but somehow
that doesn't feel like the spirit of what a high-level language like CF should
be.

I completely conceed that it would be difficult to guarantee perfect security
the way that a bound parameter would.  My essential point is that it would be
better for everyone if all code could be written with cfqueryparam and the
benefits of query binding could be enjoyed in every case except those few times
where it gets in the way, even if that meant not having 100% perfect security
during those few moments when it was disabled.  That does not seem like an
unreasonable point of view to me.

Thanks
 Mark