> I know you CAN, but whether you SHOULD is a different question.

I haven't seen any arguments why you shouldn't that go beyond "it doesn't
look/feel right".

> Whatever your personal opinion is, it's still a "weirdness"
> that has to be dealt with.

How is that a "weirdness"? There's an OUTPUT attribute, it's presumably
there for a reason.

> That's a drastically different set of circumstances to "typical"
> CFC usage, which in my mind, makes it a Bad Thing.

If you write a CFC method intended to explicitly generate output, you will
presumably be smart enough to know how that can be successfully invoked. And
"different from your convention" is not necessarily equivalent to "bad
thing".

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net