What he's saying is that you can't assume the validation values you are
passing have not been altered, which would allow a user to change or
eliminate the validation and save bad data. The validation rules should be
specified on the server. The only thing you're relying on the client for is
posting the form data to the server (form data which you must assume is
invalid until you validate it on the server).