Hello all,

I am having a small problem. I am attempting to generate excel files using
coldfusion and then force the user to the excel file. The client has webwasher
content filtering on their network and I get the following error message from
webwasher when attempting to view SOME of excel files:

The transferred file
"http://192.168.4.122/sup_report/exceloutput/OPR_7_2007_0.769483807854.xls"; has
been blocked by Webwasher.
The server returned a file of type application/vnd.ms-excel but the content of
this file is of a different type.

This is odd to me as the same CF function generates the excel file content. The
code is nothing more than a loop over a query that outputs a HTML table and
saves the content in a variable and then dumps the variable into a new created
file with extension .xls and the files do open in excel no problem. Also, I
have written some sample files in XML per MS Tech net articles on how to do so.
These files also work in excel, but not through the browser. I am about to pull
my hair out on this one as these folks have decided that adding this Intranet
site to a list of sites for webwasher to bypass is simply not an option.

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Wes