As best as I can tell, either you don't set a requesttimeout on your server
in which case you'd better hope that you never get an infinite loop on a
page, or you set a requesttimeout and you cripple your one or two files that
might extend past the timeout period.  As far as I can tell, there's no way
to have multiple timeouts, even based upon security sandboxes in CFAS.  Can
anyone else verify this?

I have about a dozen CF files on my server which take a while to process,
because they're batch processes.  What would be ideal would be to set up a
folder as except from the global server timeout setting.  Does anyone have
any input on this?

Also, how successful have the attempts to include the RequestTimeout in the
ACTION part of the form been.  Does it work consistently?  If not, that's a
good reason to prod allaire about this much neglected feature.  I know I'm
not the only one running batch queries and nightly maintenance.

---
Daniel Dewey                |"You can reason with ignorance,
Unix/Internet SysAdmin      | but you can not argue with
MCP (NT srvr/wkstn/eprise)  | stupidity."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          |  -- Unknown

http://www.pobox.com/~dewey |                 610-868-1421, x115
           The National Association of Colleges and Employers

     These opinions are mine, and may not be the same as my employer