From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 7:42 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Coldfusion 8 hosting

it can be hazardous to jump on the bandwagon too early.    There are
always issues with a new version of system software, and it can be a
marketing advantage to be first to offer the new version. but it can also
bite you as well.

Most hosting companies will be testing CF8, have it running on dev servers
or beta boxes, maybe offer it to a select few clients, but be watching what
happens to the other companies and be ready to move once any issues have
emerged.

It's not a trivial issue - every other version of coldfusion has had a
service pack or updater pretty soon after release.    It all depends
on what (if anything) emerges as an issue with hosting CF8.

I have a client at HostMySIte who was upgraded yesterday, and some of the
IIS settings were lost in the process, bringing his site down.
So it's not totally without flaws.

Upgrade with caution is my view.    I have never been one to be first
to jump on the new bandwagon just because it's new.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from
AUD$15/month