Listers: I'll try posting this again. I couldn't get CF_FORMURL2ATTRIBUTES
to work so I coded an alternative to illustrate my question. You can see
the following in action at http://www.erovera.com I'm working on
maintaining state without using cookies. This is achieved in the example
code below because each user's URL for the website is made unique by
including each user's unique CFID/CFTOKEN values in that user's URL for
each page requested. The problem is that once a CLIENT variable is set each
new page request sets a new CFID/CFTOKEN pair. This is unnecessary load on
the CVR database. Worse, the current CLIENT variables values are those
associated with the latest CFID/CFTOKEN pair, NOT the CFID/CFTOKEN pair
reflected in the URL. This makes CLIENT variables practically useless since
we would not know which CFID/CFTOKEN pair reflected the correct value of
the CLIENT variable simply by using the CFID/CFTOKEN pair in the URL. I can
work around this by setting up a new DB table to store "client" variables
associated with each CFID/CFTOKEN pair as their values are reflected in the
URL, but this is not as convenient as using ordinary CLIENT variables
stored in CDATA. Any suggestions? best, paul