> What I'm trying to do is somehow be able to access different
> sites locally.  Right now, I have to delete everything from
> wwwroot, then copy over the files of the site I want to work
> on.  It can be a pain to work on the different sites.  Also,
> Dreamweaver complains that the local site root is the same
> for different sites.

If you're using IIS in Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, or Vista,
you can define multiple virtual web servers. If you're using IIS in Windows
XP, you can't do that, as Zaphod pointed out.

If you need to run multiple virtual web servers in Windows XP, use Apache.
However, if you don't need to actually have multiple sites running
simultaneously, but can simply switch configuration to match the one you're
working on, you can simply configure IIS to point to a different physical
directory. You can do this with the default IIS management console utility,
or with something like this:

http://www.firstserved.net/help/downloads

> Is there any way to have the different sites accessible under
> different resources using mappings or virtual directories?

If you're satisfied having each project within a single web server
directory, just create subdirectories in your web root directory, then refer
to each in your URL:

http://localhost/someproject1
http://localhost/someproject2

No need for tinkering with IIS configuration or HOSTS files if you do that.
You could then simply create a Dreamweaver site for each directory.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/