From: Gert Franz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 2:55 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Railo 2 Released

Yes Rick, you wer right.
We haven't flushed the cache so we had some Errors regarding our current
level of compatibility.
Thanks for the information.

And I must add that we have some CF8 features in it as well.
We will try to get as close as possible to CF8 with the Railo 2.1
release in Q1 2008.

But anyhow. Each engine has their target market. We target customers
that look for a lightweight engine with an extreme good performance.
In my opinion there is no licensing model that makes Railo more
expensive than CF8 (except upgrade price from CF7 to CF8)

You say you pay more for less. But of course this is a point that can be
discussed.
We have some features other engines dont have. For example resources.
http://www.railo.ch/en/index.cfm?treeID=339
And some more like:
- different settings for each web context.
- Railo archives
- Server Administrator
- Performance

So I guess you don't get the full deal with 300$ more than with Railo
Pro unlimited.

Greetings / GrĂ¼sse
Gert Franz
Customer Care
Railo Technologies GmbH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.railo.ch

Join our Mailing List / Treten Sie unserer Mailingliste bei:

Rick Faircloth schrieb:
> Very possible... I was just going by what the Railo site states
> at the bottom of their "Comparison" page.  It states that "CFML
> and CFML standard" refers to ... well ... even as I wrote this I paused
> to verify my info... now it says those terms refer to CF 7 from Adobe.
>
> I'm sure that said 6.1 yesterday, because I specifically looked for that
> info.
> Oh, I see what it is... when you click on the documentation page it refers
> CF 7 at the bottom; but when you click on the "Compatibility" link on the
> documentation page you get a statement at the bottom that references
Adobe's
> CF 6.1,
> while at the top of the "Compatibility" page, it states it adheres to CF 7
> as well as possible. If I had just launched a new version,
> I would definitely get that updated.
>
> Oh, well... it's still a version behind according to their statement.
> And it would almost have to be that way since they have to wait for
Adobe's