Andrew,

I'm in the fortunate position of being part of both the Ext and jQuery
project teams. First, let me say that jQuery is in no way a "Hyundai
Excel". A better analogy would be to day that its like comparing a
"Ferrari (jQuery) to a Mercedes-Benz CL 600 (Ext)". Both provide a
tremendous amount of functionality and both target different audiences.

jQuery is a very streamlined library which is best suited for
consumer-facing websites that want to enhance the UX with Ajax &
effects. Its fast and sporty and helps you get what you need quickly;
just like a Ferrari.

Ext can certainly be used for consumer-facing websites but what we've
seen is that most users, because of its rich UI control set, tend to use
it to build full blown desktop-like applications. Its got speed and a
hole lotta bells and whistles which make building desktop-like apps a
breeze. If you want high-end luxury and performance, like a
Mercedes-Benz CL 600, then you use Ext v1.1.

So what I ask is that you not be so quick to dismiss jQuery especially
since companies Digg, MSNBC, Intel, Intuit, & Salesforce.com (HUGE ERP)
seem to be doing quite well with it.

If you ask me which one I prefer, I would tell you that for consumer
facing sites, I prefer the leanness of jQuery but for a true desktop
experience, I prefer Ext. And yes, I work with both libraries and love
them both. Both libraries are incredibly robust and cater to different
segments.

On a final note, you really should ease up on calling someone "stupid".
While you may not agree with someone else's opinion (and you're
certainly not expected to), I think your last post was a little over the
top.

Rey...