From: mayo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 3:10 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: braindead duh!! moment with db

Yes, it was abbreviated.

And, yes I'm tired. I should have stated designerID not designerName?

here's a snippet (MUCH IS CUT OUT)

<cfquery name="getItems" datasource="storeSR">
        SELECT
                items.itemID,
                items.categoryID,
                items.itemTypeID,
                items.designerID,
                items.designerItemCode,
                items.itemName,
                items.itemDescShort,
                items.itemPrice,
                designers.designerID,
                designers.designerName,
                designers.designerNameWWW,
                designers.isActive,
                designers.hasDescriptionPage
        FROM
                items,
                designers
        WHERE
                items.designerID=designers.designerID

</cfquery>

        <cfoutput query="getItems">
         -- #itemID#  -- #designerID# <br/>
        </cfoutput>

I ought to get a list of numbers
-- 77 -- 20
-- 78 -- 20
Etc..

Instead I get

-- 77 -- d
-- 77 -- d
-- 78 -- d
-- 78 -- d
-- 78 -- d

If I ran the query width itemTypes (changed the tables and fields) and
put in itemTypeID instead of designerID I get a list with  an i instead
of a d.

Go figure!?

I swear these queries worked before!  :-)