Hello,

I am wondering if someone could clear something up for me.  I am working on a
datagrid using CFGRID in HTML format.  I would like to be able to manipulate
the data a little bit before throwing it into the grid.  Two examples are that
I want CITY AND STATE to be in one column, and I want to be able to have one of
the columns link to a URL that has two dynamic variables in it, rather than
just one like you could do with using HREFKEY. (The linked URL would be
something like:
http://www.mydomain.com/results.cfm?customer_id=#x#&order_id=#y#).

So the question I have is what is the best way to handle these two things?  I
started out working with just a CFQUERY on the same template page as the
CFGRID, but now I've realized that I would probably want to do a CFC instead.
The question is, what format do I send back the data with?  So far the only
thing I could come up with that works, but is slow, is to do the initial query,
then CFLOOP through the data.  While looping, format the data and put it into a
new query using QuerySetCell/QueryAddRow.  It seems clunky and again, it is
slow.  Is their any other way, like could I just return a structure or
something like that?

Any help is appreciated.