Dear all,

I have a site on shared hosting at CrystalTech that I just moved from a CF7
server to CF8 server, and suddenly there have been a few dozen being thrown
each day from various diverse scripts within the site when a cfquery makes a
call to the MySQL database. This is all the same code throughout that was
previously running with no problem on the CF7 server (there were perhaps one
or two error a week, typically timeouts in a cfquery call).

On those pages where the error was trapped by cfcatch, the error message is:
"A java.lang.NullPointerException exception occurred. "
The line number referred to in the cfcatch.tagcontext dump in every case was
the cfquery, and, when the query had a WHERE clause, the specific line
number of the WHERE clause

On those pages where the error was trapped by cferror, the
error.Diagnosticsreported this:

null null <br>The error occurred on line 17.

The line number referred to  in every case was the cfquery, and, when the
query had a WHERE clause, the specific line number of the WHERE clause.

(I think there is known bug in cferror that returns null null when there is
a java Null Pointer Exception, which is of course another issue altogether).

I of course don't see the error exception log, but a CrystalTech support
staffer showed me one of the errors and the error was logged as jrpp-180,
which I believe is a timeout error.

However, one of the techs at CrystalTech is suggesting that the entire
problem may be CAUSED by the presence of the cferror system.

Has anyone ever heard of this? It would be very mysterious to me, because:

1. This is the same code that was working fine on the prior (CF7) server;

2. I have about 30 web sites at CrystalTech, all using cferror handling,
without any similar problems;

3. The above includes one other CF8 site that gets significant traffic, has
the same kind of cferror system, and is not throwing these errors.

Thanks in advance for any insights into this issue,

James Edmunds

--
James Edmunds
New Iberia, LA