ISSUE:

I'm working with existing functionality, so I need to work this code in somehow
or rewrite a significant amount of code.

I am using tables that come from different datasources.
I can't use the outer join with QofQ, right? I need to use an outer join to
combine two result sets that don't have same

number of matches.

GOAL:

I want to end up with final results so that any record from qdocSourceSort with
a fac_ID value has its sourceTitle field

populated with the sourceTitle created in qqFacTitle.
(qdocSourceSort already has the fac_id NULL value records populated with
SourceTitle values.)

My main objective is to sort all these records by SourceTitle!

CODE:

The two tables I need to combine are qdocSourceSort and qqFacTitle below.
(qqSourceFacNo (below) is an intermediate step.)

I want all these records:
<cfquery name="qdocSourceSort" datasource="#request.peds#">
select *
from PEdocs, Sources
WHERE deleted IS NULL
and UPPER(docLetter) = <CFQUERYPARAM value="#attributes.letter#"
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_CHAR" maxlength="1">
and fk_sourceID = sourceID
</cfquery>

I want to combine the results above with the last query of the two below.

<cfquery dbtype="query" name="qqSourceFacNo">
select sourceFacID
from qdocSourceSort
where sourceFacID IS NOT NULL
</cfquery>

<cfquery  name="qqFacTitle" datasource="#request.generalds#">
select fac_ID, fac_Facility AS sourceTitle
from IHSFacility
where fac_ID IN (#ValueList(qqSourceFacNo.sourceFacID)#)
</cfquery>

qqFacTitle.fac_ID would match some of the qdocSourceSort.fac_ID values. The
rest of the qdocSourceSort.fac_ID values would

be NULL.

Also numerous qdocSourceSort.fac_ID values could be the same number, so each
result from qqFacTitle.fac_ID needs to be

matched as many times as it is referenced in qdocSourceSort.fac_ID values.

qdocSourceSort has a column SourceTitle, so each result of
qqFacTitle.SourceTitle needs to be merged into the SourceTitle

fields in a qdocSourceSort record wherever
qqFacTitle.fac_ID matches qdocSourceSort.fac_ID.

Can anybody help me?!?!?

Thanks.