The point being, handling it properly is a complex endeavor that must be
very carefully considered.

On 9/7/07, Paul Vernon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > difficult to test. Also, if any of these variables are coming from the
> > form
> > or URL scope, it opens up huge security holes because the user could
> > modify
>
> Not necessarily, if you have an event's based system where your event
> handlers register themselves as being interested in specific events eg
>
> <cfset registerEventHandler("registerStrings", this, "onRegisterStrings")>
> <!--- event, instance, functionname ---> <!--- in every object that may
> need
> to know about the strings object --->

Mach-II does the same thing. However, you generally define what objects
respond to what events in a central XML config file. In the approach you
describe, where any object may or may not register itself to listen for any
event, how do you keep track of what is responding to what? Unless I'm
misunderstanding, this sounds like a situation where you have no idea what
is running when an event is raised without actually going and looking at
every CFC that could possibly be registering itself to listen for that
event. How do you keep track of what is going on?