Charles,

Nothing obvious, but a couple of questions come to mind:
1. Is it just the javascript that's missing i.e. the other content is OK?
2. Is the CFC instance cached e.g. in session or application scope?

Also, I know that was only pseudocode, but given that "var" is a reserved
word it looks a bit dodgy.  You'd want to at least var scope that result
variable, e.g.

<cfset var result = "">
<cfsavecontent variable="result">
etc.

@Andrew:
You're implying that the "V" layer in MVC not be implemented using CFCs,
right?  Any particular reason why?

Jaime Metcher