If i'm not mistaken the cost of CF is per 2 physical cpu's, so if you have a
dual processor system  you spend $1300 then say you throw 4 VPS systems on
that box.This means that each VPS is responsible for $325 ( $1300 / 4 ) of
the cost of ColdFusion Standard OR $1875 For CF ENT. Span each of these over
4 months and you've got $81.25 a month for Standard and $468.75 for ENT.
After the first 4 months it's profit minus other costs.

AND treating it like a shared hosting environment, after you've got the
license paid off then the next VPS on the box will be $0 CF cost. I know
some hosting companies that are planning major VMware roll outs and see this
as a very viable alternative to new boxes.

I personally would go with the $70 VPS IF you have some sys admin experience
or know you'll get good support from the company or other resources. I'm a
control freak though and hate shared hosting.

jonese