The following is on a Sun box with CF 4.5.1

We are trying to get an Informix connection between CF and the Informix
Server, but have run into dead ends. This is due in-part to the fact we are
not sure what CF is looking for in the Native Drive set up, and the ODBC
driver setup. Does anyone have any insight into what the settings should
look like?

here is what I am guessing are the meanings of the fields..

[native driver]
Data Source Name: what do I want to call the connection (ifmxlink)
Default Database: the database I start off with (somedb)
Server: the machine name that has the db on it (host.domain.com)
Host: the first column from the sqlhosts file (ifmxhost)
Service: the port number/service we are using (5383)
protocal: the second column of the sqlhosts file (ontlitcp)
Client Locale: blank
Database Locale: blank

or..odbc driver...
Data Source Name: what I want to call the connection (ifmxodbc)
Database Name: the DB I want to connect to on the other end (somedb)
Server Host Name: the host that the db lives on (host.domain.com)
Use INFORMIX registry for Logon ID and Password: (checked)

I am specifying a username/password in the username/password fields that I
know can connect to the DB

Does anyone have any insight into this problem? We are connecting to the db
from this host to the db server with other applications (C++ & PHP), but
would also like CF to be able to use the DB.

benji

---
Ben Spencer
Web Support