You guys are all just awesome. With your responses and the ones from my
CFUG, I'm much more at ease with this issue (or at least I will be after I
do my homework on the concepts you guys have given me!)

@Jochem:

I really wish I was going to MAX, and maybe if my boss sees all this he'll
find it of value and send me ;o) Some day I'll make it out to one of these
blasted events and put faces to some of the names I see so often on the
lists!

Cheers everyone! And I'll keep you posted as to what happens with this
client and the "evil" Java Developers (j/k ;o)

Chris