Hi, all.

I'm creating a basic budgeting/forecasting application

and I'd like some possible solutions to this issue:

Rather than have the app go through all the debits

and credits to calculate the current balance each time

the app is used, I'd like to have the previous balance

already available from the last time the app was used.

Would the best way be to store the previously calculated

current balance in a database table with the date of the

calculation, so any additional debits and credits are

added and subtracted from that balance?

Or is there another way to do this so there's not so much

calculation everytime the app is run. indexing?

Rick