From: Che Vilnonis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:22 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Trying to 'fail gracefully' from a cfhttp error.

When I can't connect to a PC using cfhttp an error is thrown. Typically,
the
message reads "The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag:
cfhttp" and this message is caught in a cftry/cfcatch block and then
emailed
to me. No problems there.

But what I cannot figure out is why the web site page that makes the
cfhttp
call 'breaks' and only portions of the original page are shown when the
error occurs leaving the user to hit their back button. Can anyone help
me
with this? I am at a loss.

Thanks, Che

<cfhttp url="https://123.456.789.000/testpage.php"; method="POST"
timeout="5"
throwonerror="yes">
        <cfhttpparam type="formfield" name="checkAvailXML"
value="#checkAvailXML#">
</cfhttp>