From: Rick Root [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:51 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Verity server inaccessible after Cf8 upgrade

On 10/2/07, Jayesh Viradiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks like it's messed up or CF8 verity service is not running. Had
you
> installed (CF8) Verity server during CF8 installtion? May be you had
> unchecked that option thinking that verity server is already running
> (for CF7).

If I didn't install it, why do I have "Coldfusion 8 Search Service" in
my services control panel?

> Since you are not getting any response on CF8 verity ports,
probability
> is that it's not installed/running. If it was installed then Start it.

As I said in my original email.  The "Coldfusion 8 Search Service"
service is already running.  I stopped and restarted it even.

> Also check if all the files under this folder are intact
> "C:\ColdFusion8\verity".
>
> Even after all these efforts it doesn't start/work, you can reinstall
> the Verity server which comes with the CF8 DVD.

Well, I'd like to re-install Verity - but I don't think we've gotten a
DVD... maybe we did, I got our licence information from adobe's online
licensing system.  All I installed from was a download from the adobe
web site.

--
Rick Root
Check out CFMBB, BlogCFM, ImageCFC, ImapCFC, CFFM, and more at