Come on Vince. "Some people" is a terrible way to make an argument.

Some people survive suicide attempts.
Some people smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and live to be 100.

For the cost issue, if that is all it boils down to, why not go with
all open-source/free? Plenty of job seekers there too.

--
Matt Williams
"It's the question that drives us."