I'm pretty sure client variables don't work like that (though it's been so
long since I used them that I could be mistaken). I'm pretty sure all the
purge interval does is set the frequency that the server will actually check
to see if it should purge anything, not the time that a given client
variable will exist. In other words, I'm pretty sure that if a user hits
your app 1 minute before the next purge is set to run, their client
variables will be deleted in the next minute. If you want granular control
less than a day, you're going to have to write your own code to do it. You
could set a client variable with a time stamp each time they run a request.
Then, you can compare that timestamp to the current time, and if it is
greater than the internal you want to set (2 hours I'm assuming), then you
can delete the client variables yourself (and probably redirect the user to
a login page or something).