NUGROHO NOTO wrote:
> Adobe told me... the only way is to convert the old database into Unicode
> database, which means... we have to make a script, which will read the
> database in shif_JIS encoding and re-write the data into new database in
> unicode format.

that's not all that hard. you still have a cf5 server, so write a simple cf
script to dump out the data & call it from a cf8 (why stop at 7 ;-) server via
cfhttp calls. the calling script can read in the cfhttp filecontent (or convert
it straight into a cfquery) & shove that into your unicode ready db. we had to
do this to convert cf5 utf-8 to unicode, as did many other people who
compromised cf5 for i18n work.

another option might be to use java (icu4j for instance) to handle this.

can you put up a cf5 page that queries a table for a few records & simply dumps
out the data (comma delimited, line-by-line) for me to look at?