Okay, in an attempt to manually remove my old coldfusion 7 services, I
accidentally deleted a few services that I shouldn't have.

"Macromedia JRun Admin Server"
"Macromedia JRun CFusion Server"

It didn't occur to me that in Coldfusion 8, these services would still
have "Macromedia" in the name =)

the sc command said the delete was successful - but the services are
still running and they show up in the services control panel as
"disabled" ... I'm afraid that when I reboot, they'll disappear and I
don't want that to happen.

I'm guessing that I'm going to have to spend some time this weekend
uninstalling all the coldfusion parts and doing a clean reinstall.

I'd better make CAR files of my instances just in case =)

--
Rick Root
Check out CFMBB, BlogCFM, ImageCFC, ImapCFC, CFFM, and more at