Donald,

Did you upgrade your database from MySQL4 to MySQL5 as part of your upgrade to
CF8?

If so, you might check your submitDate field in your tblRegistration and see if
the default still exists in the table (assuming you were using a default value
to set the current date in that table).

It might be that the data was copied over, but not some of the settings.

Steve