Ali,

I'm not trying to be snippy, but you broke a few cardinal rules when
asking for help:

1) your 1st question is not really a specific question, it sounds more
like you want someone to do your research for you and you don't want to
have to do anything at all.  When asking on a board like this, you will
most often get better results with a specific technical question.

2) you re-posted your question a second time after waiting only 3
minutes for a response.  Most folks will look at that, and simply delete
it from their inbox.  Post your question and be patient, remember you
are asking someone else for help and you are at their good graces for
assistance ;)

There were a lot of results for a google search on how to build a search
engine using Verity and Coldfusion:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.moz
illa%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Z0y&q=how+to+build+a+search+with+coldfusion+a
nd+verity+coldfusion+8&btnG=Search

There are also basic tutorials for building Coldfusion based apps:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.moz
illa%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=QLe&q=build+first+coldfusion+application&btnG

I suggest you do some research and come back with some specific
questions.

Chris Peterson
Gainey IT
Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion Developer