Steve Moore wrote:
> I was sure this was coincidental, but has now happened for the second time on
> another server. Server A was upgraded from CF 7.02 to CF 8 on a Saturday. On
> Monday an ASP application on server suddenly took 5+ minutes just to display
> a login screen. Worked fine the previous week. That ASP application was
> upgraded to the vendor's latest version and it began working reasonably.
>
> Now, after a Saturday upgrade to CF 8 on Server B, another ASP application on
> this server is now taking 5 minutes to display a login screen. Seems obvious
> there is some relation, but I have no idea how CF 8 could be affecting an old
> ASP application.
>
> Anyone experienced anything like this or have any ideas what relation could
> be?

Probably you have the CF wildcard filter installed and for some reason
the JRun connector is:
- forwarding .asp requests to JRun;
- taking too long to determine the request should not be handled by CF.
Switch on verbose logging on the connector (restart IIS afterwards) and
check the logfiles.

Jochem