@ Azadi:  The cfdump reports no query caching.  Even after I manually
changed the data in the database to exclude the integer 1, I still get
all 1's !  What datatype did you assign to event_day?  If it was tinyint,
did you give it a length of 1?

@ Matthew:  I changed two things to make sure I wasn't accessing the wrong
database or cfm page.  I change the text to red and that worked.  I also
changed
the integers for event_day I the database and they editor query returns the
new and correct information.  CFDump reports no query caching.

@ Aaron:  I haven't checked the rest of the site for errors explicitly, but
I haven't noticed any problems yet.  I'll expand the error search soon if
this
isn't resolved.

@ Aaron:  Yes, the cfdump shows consistent data.  I get same wrong result
whether I cfoutput the query or loop the query.

@ Andrew:  Your theory could be correct about the bit/Boolean datatype.
I had assigned a tinyint datatype with a length of 1.  Which would fit the
definition for a Boolean and also my single digit day of the week number
requirements.  However, when I changed the datatype to integer and allowed
it
to have its full length of 11, I got back the correct results from my query,
the cfdump, and sql editor's query.

So the issue seems to be solved... but the question remains:  Why did my
datatype and length no work?

Just wanted to say THANKS! to everyone who has helped solve this.  Now I
really
want to understand this behavior so I don't run into unexpected problems
in the future.

Ideas?

Rick