@Dale:
my comment and suggestion to read up on hrefkey use was addressed to the
OP, Phil, not to you...
i know you know those attributes :)
sorry if I caused confusion

but why do you think there is more to Phil's code than what he has posted?
his mentioning "garbage in the url" makes me think his grid is just a
simple one linked to a "details.cfm" page via "summary" column...

Azadi

--

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com