Hello Guys,

I've never been in the habit of using CreateODBCDateTime() in the past but
after reading a few times that it's the recommended route to go when
entering values into the database I thought I'd give it a shot, however its
causing a few issues and so thought I'd come and clear up how this is best
applied.

I'm running SQL Server 2k5 and on my create and update methods I write the
current date and time to a couple of columns, using the following method:

DateCreated = <cfqueryparam value="#now()#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp" />

This has always worked nicely and I've never really had any reason to
believe that it wouldn't, however, like I say, after reading about the
createODBCDateTime() method I thought I'd give that a shot if it's
considered to be a better practice.

DateCreated = <cfqueryparam value="#createODBCDateTime(now())#"
cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp" />

However this only enters the date into the database, and the time portion is
left to sit as 00:00:00. Can anyone explain why this is? And perhaps
elaborate a little on when and where I should be using the
createODBCDateTime() method and where I should not?

Thanks for your time guys, this seems like a bit of a silly question to ask
but thought I'd get your thoughts on it.

Rob