>> "Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 is the newest release of
>> Microsoft’s web server for Windows. Currently shipping with Windows
>> Vista, IIS 7.0 is also part of Windows Server 2008, scheduled for
>
>I can't believe anything would even RUN on Vista. It's still just as useless
>as ever.

I know many people have complained (and are complaining) about Vista, but
personally I've been running it exclusively since Feb this year without any
problems, so I guess your mileage may vary. The fact that I bought a new laptop
with Vista pre-installed (rather than upgrading my old laptop) may have helped.

Honestly, though, I'm must less interested in Vista than in IIS 7.0 and Windows
Server 2008, which have been running microsoft.com since June, and parts of
myspace.com:

http://blogs.technet.com/mscom/archive/2007/09/07/the-tasty-morsels-found-in-dogfood-mscom-ops-top-10-changes-in-iis7-0.aspx

I'm not a person who tends to have stong feelings about desktop operating
systems. The best reason I can think to run Vista--and the only reason I
switched from Windows XP--is to do development on IIS 7.0.

Regards,

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC

P.S. While we're on the subject of IIS, the latest Netcraft survey is
interesting:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2007/10/11/october_2007_web_server_survey.html

According to Netcraft, "Apache has around a 10% market share advantage over IIS
now, which is the smallest gap between the two since IIS was launched in 1996."
While so many people focused on the "browser wars" and the fact that IE is
losing market share to Firefox, IIS is steadily creeping up on Apache. It'll be
interesting to see if IIS can surpass Apache market share in the next year or
so.