Nellie_S wrote:
> Please help. Clients upload PDF files to the server. Our goal is to restrict
> some users from printing, copying, etc of PDF files(depends on the user’s
> role). This could be done even as a nightly scheduled task. We are using
> ColdFusion 7 and SQL Server. Does anybody have experience in that?

If it has to be foolproof, you better have a budget because you will
need Adobe LiveCycle. If it just has to protect against casual printing,
editing, annotating of PDF files you can quite easily do so with the
cfpdf tag in CF 8, or with some more difficulty with one of the many
commercial tools for securing PDFs (some have a command line mode you
can access from cfexecute).

Jochem