The object 'dissapearing' is expected by the programmer but, as you point
out, an instance of the object is not actually needed here (just the result
of the method call 'GetGroups'). I will certainly be rewriting that. The
really odd thing about it is the query of queries that appears to do
nothing.

I'd like to know if anyone has had to do 'SELECT * FROM myQuery' in a
QoQ for any reason. The system is large and messy enough for bugs that go
unnoticed for some time by changing things without caution.

Thanks again,

Dominic