You will typically either learn VB.NET or C#.  There are other languages that
run the .NET framework but they are not in general usage, nor supported by
Microsoft as languages.

To respond to Alan's comment, there is in fact such a thing as ASP.NET,
although his insight is understood.  ASP.NET encompasses the .NET programming
that is done primarily within the System.Web namespace, with additional classes
from the System.Net and System.Data namespaces making up the main thrust of
ASP.NET.

Objects that are unique to web programming and familiar to you as a CF
developer (Sessions, Cookies, URLs, etc) are present and will be useful to you
in .NET as they are in CF.  What you will see in .NET that you don't get in CF
(without the benefit of a CF framework) are event-driven applications.

There is a lot more to know about and a lot less done for you.  Things that
seemed very easy in CF will be made ridiculously tough in ASP.NET.
If you're a good programmer, you'll come to realize that the set of tools
you're given can be parsed down to a select few for ease of use.  Also, you can
start writing libraries of your own code that will also make the transistion
easier.

ASP.NET is never going to be as simple or quick as CF.  There are substantial
basic differences in the tools.  CF is principally for Web dev, although people
have pushed it further than that. ASP.NET is part of the larger .NET effort
that is taking over the Windows operating system. You'll see much more of it in
Windows 2008.

Just a few new benefits of ASP.NET/IIS 7 in Windows 2008...
Ability to programmatically administer the web server
ASP.NET modules that affect the processing pipeline of IIS 7 just like ISAPIs
Add your own UI modules to IIS 7 - meaning that you can change IIS to do
exactly what you need it to do
Newly rewritten FTP service - including FTPS.

I would recommend that you get started by downloading the free tool Visual Web
Developer at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa700797.aspx.  Install
SQL Server 2005 Express along with it and you'll be writing the same sort of
thing you've been doing all along, except in ASP.NET.

For a forum, try http://wwww.asp.net.  For IIS issues, try http://www.iis.net.

When was learning .NET, I started with the Dummies books (I don't recommend
them for .NET... at least, not the ones from 5 years ago) and loved the
Microsoft Press books.  I found them easy to use.

- Matt Small