From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 12:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFQueryParam apostrophe problem when using SET NOCOUNT

> It could be that you're using ODBC.  I usually use jdbc and most
> versions I've used won't return the second SELECT to cfquery unless I
> use SET NOCOUNT. I assume its because cfquery detects the first
> resultset (ie rows affected by the
> insert) and ignores any further resultsets. Perhaps ODBC behaves
> differently?

It's worked fine for me with ODBC and JDBC. The INSERT doesn't return a
recordset, the SELECT does. I may well have just been extremely lucky, I
guess, but I wouldn't think this is required. You are aliasing the
@@IDENTITY value, right?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction
at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore,
Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.